James G. Di Liberto, Jr.
brooklyn, ny • james [at] jimdiliberto.com • LinkedIn
Innovative product executive with 15 years’ experience in building consumer and SaaS experiences from the user’s point of view. Specialties include collaboration/messaging, workflow, news, content management & distribution, and audience building & management. Skilled at crafting a strong product vision, I bring an entrepreneurial approach developed in start-ups and new product launches to lead cross-functional teams to success across multiple customer audiences (B2B, B2C) and business models (advertising, subscription).
Kinesso (An IPG Company)
Vice President, Product Management, 2015 – Present
Lead a team of four product managers responsible for Kinesso Audiences’ Analysis, Insights and Activation software product, Audience Console. Previously led Global Reporting and Content Management/Collaboration teams.
- Pivoted application vision from internal tool to revenue-generating SaaS product
- Drove 155% YoY growth in use of Audience Suite through improved UI/UX, data & performance
- Led go-to-market rollout along with product marketing in expansion of Audience Suite to cover five markets, up from two, in less than a year
- Launched performance and spending reports and taxonomy management for 5 clients
- Rolled out collaboration and content management solution to 3,000 global users across 4 SBUs.
JP Morgan Chase
Vice President, Product Management, 2014 – 2015
Led chat and collaboration on J.P. Morgan’s single dealer platform, linking clients and employees in secure, compliant and integrated messaging application.
- Managed executive-level stakeholders in product, compliance, engineering, and client management
- Launched integrated messaging platform built into JP Morgan Markets but cross-functional with multiple client internal applications
- Advised strategic investments group on messaging products during investment evaluation
Head of Collaboration Product Management, 2012 – 2014
Director of Product Management – News, 2010 – 2014
Led team of four PMs responsible for all collaboration functionality, including compliance. Previously led product for news applications, both curated and live streaming.
- Drove 15% increase in active users after taking ownership of the instant messaging platform – 210,000 users in over 180 countries, sending over to 11m messages per day
- Executed a multi-tiered product strategy, leveraging a free stand-alone client, a web messenger, mobile applications, API access and direct paid terminal integration to drive platform subscriptions
- Launched Social Media Monitor, which was named best specialist product at the 2014 Technical Analyst Awards and was a ComputerWorld 2014 Data+ Editor’s Choice Award winner for helping firms make better business decisions.
- Rolled out ‘Top News’ component, a top-10 function of the Eikon platform that introduced clean, user friendly visuals to a formerly text-only experience
Head of Research and Information, 2010
Director of Product Development and Production, 2008 – 2010
Led Product and Production teams, followed by research team, at a financial information startup.
- Worked with CEO and President to raise $7M in Angel and VC financing over 2 years by building traffic and revenue models, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategies and pitch decks, and delivering product demos and presentations
- Used both technical and editorial SEO methods to drive page view growth
- Managed team of 10 in New York, as well as 15 at an outsourcing contractor
- Led site’s editorial voice, content/data roadmap, and market research analysis
- Negotiated with data vendors and managed contractor relationships
- Constructed tools to analyze site traffic and content flow to maximize user experience
City University of New York Graduate Center
- MA in Political Science
- Major in U.S. Politics; Minor in Public Policy
- BA Government & English
- Concentrations in U.S. Politics and Writing
University College London
- Study-abroad program, English Literature